Monday, October 25, 2010

it's that time again!!!


As the holidays approach, so do the made for TV movies! I've already watched two and am excited to watch as many more as I can. It's so funny how I can put up with a lot of cheesiness with these things. For some reason, I just love them (mainly the Christmas ones). I've learned a few things in my viewing:

*They typically always involve a man/woman who is a workaholic, in need of finding that special someone to show them what's really important in life.
*Many consist of big city people finding themselves (through various circumstances) in a small, quaint town. At first they mock these cute towns. However by the end, they want to live there (usually because the love interest resides there).
*These small towns often are threatened by evil corporate monsters. They want to tear down historic places and built condos/high rises instead.
*People fall in love and propose marriage after only a few weeks.

Here are the two I've seen that I would recommend: Growing the Big One (despite me NOT being a Shannon Doherty fan!) and Fairfield Road.

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, and don't forget that the big city person is nearly always an attorney or a marketing executive.

Anonymous said...

Tooo funny!! Love the formula. =)

sfitz said...

My husband and I fell in love and he proposed after only a few weeks.. :-) (He was a cop and I was a waitress and he sat at the table I was serving one evening... which could also be an awesome made for tv movie.) :-)

Kelly said...

Hey Fitzfam...have you ever blogged about the story? If so, send me link to that post! I'd love to read it. :)