Monday, October 18, 2010

Robi Rob's Boriqua Anthem

*Friday was a very emotional day for us. It was Cam's last day in his special ed class. Both Chris and I went to pick him up and I had made some treats/cards for each of his teachers. As he handed each one, he said (as we had practiced), "You're the best teacher". They cried and I cried. They also had made him the sweetest card with pictures of the past year. We will miss these 4 women more than I thought possible as they really have been our angels since Cam first started preschool.



*I have one more school to check out, but I think we have decided on a great Pre-K class, which is very close to home.

*Kids have colds and I ache all over. I hope this doesn't last long. Gone are the days of feeling sick, calling in sick to work, then proceeding to snuggle in bed and watch movies all day. I asked Kendall who I needed to call in sick to, but she looked very confused. :)

*This past weekend we went to my in-laws' for a family reunion. We had a fun weekend, a highlight being a really cool pumpkin patch yesterday. Unlike the ones around here, this one had all their activities (except the train) free of charge. It was nice to spend time with family and both kids adored (as usual) getting to spend so much time outside running around their ranch.



*Chris's mom always saves me several homemade corn dogs from her schools' different events. I just ate one for dinner and it was quite tasty (lots of breading). :)

*I think my kids will sleep great tonight, due to the sugar coma they must be in. When it comes to long road trips, rules don't exist as far as healthy eating is concerned. Anything that keeps them happy is tossed back. :) Poor things weren't even hungry for dinner by the time we got back!

*Cam is VERY into spelling and often asks us to tell him the name of every street as we drive somewhere. He also asks us to read the name of the song that pops up on our CD player in the car. Normally, I think this is helpful since it helps him learn reading skills. Today, however, Chris and I both died laughing when we had to tell him the name of the song, "Robi Rob's Boriqua Anthem" (from Jock Jams). Not sure how practical this will be for him to know how to spell. :)

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Awwwww, what a greaaaaaat card from his teachers. They have been so amazing this year--don't know one single way they could have been better. Whether they know it or not, they were all the answer to many prayers for Cameron.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the first part of this post brought tears to my eyes. What a BLESSING these ladies have been for Cam!! And you!

Charlee said...

Encourage the spelling its a big think come kindergarten its crazy my son is already spelling words and has learned 6 sight words

Unknown said...

WOW I can't believe the kids are so big! I love this update just to hear how things have been for you!!