Tuesday, June 14, 2011

first half

So the first half of our week without kids is over. We spent the past three days in Vegas with our friends, Jeremy and Ana. We had a WONDERFUL time. Chris asked me for my rating and I give it a solid 10! Here are a few pics:



Many of you know I love to ask fun questions. Before our trip I wrote out several questions and put them on little slips of paper in a tupperware. While they all made fun of "the bowl" (which is what it became known as), we all enjoyed the fun, but sometimes serious talks it helped start. A couple examples...what is a favorite quality about your spouse?...would you watch 1.5 hours of Fresh Beat Band every day for a month in exchange for 2 rounds of golf anywhere in the world (guys) or a $500 shopping spree (girls)? :)



Both Ana and I agreed that one of the best parts of the trip was our long stint by the hotel pool. The guys went golfing and we found some great shade and spent a long time talking, reading magazines, and REALLY relaxing. Wonderful.



I mentioned in a previous blog that I had found a cupcake place we wanted to try out in Vegas. We got some fun flavors and were very impressed by these cupcakes. My favorite was one called, Hop Scotch, which was yellow cake with a buttercream frosting, topped with a butterscotch ganache.



Our trip was also made fun by the text updates (with pics) from my in-laws about the kids. I loved hearing about their days and the fun they were and continue to have. We are SOOO thankful for the great care they are getting and are excited to see them Saturday. :)

3 comments:

TessBenson said...

What a blast! time without kids and with hubby sounds magical! Throw in great friends and your in paradise! Im so happy you got the break! you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how happy it makes me to see the wonderful time you got to have--and are still having!! Sounds like the perfect 2 days with such good friends! (LOVE the bowl questions...) Surely those guys didn't hesitate at watching that much Fresh Beat Band for some great golf. --Mom

Jessica said...

Oh man, that sounds wonderful! So glad you could get away and are still enjoying some kid free time :) I must say I'm quite jealous!!! :)

I don't think anything could make me watch 1.5 hours of Fresh Beat Band everyday, lol.