Sunday, June 5, 2011

*The other day things were escalating in the car and I spotted the Christmas CD the kids had loved this past December. I popped it in and let it work its magic. I've always been very anti Christmas music until after Halloween. And while I won't let this phase last much longer, it sure puts me in a good mood to listen to Neil Diamond's Jingle Bells. :)

*Palm Springs today. We had lunch at Costco and needed a few things, including Wheat Thins. However after sampling these little gems, we made a switch. They are very tasty and have that cornbread flavor that is so yummy.



Afterward we headed to our new favorite park. The crowds were definitely down seeing as the desert heat seems to have arrived.



*Chris gave Cam his first summer hair cut tonight. He looks so cute.



*Made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce tonight to freeze. We bought a truck load of sausage from Costco for the pot as well. I portioned out each link and calculated out the calories for all the pieces. :) Sounds like a lot of work, but it makes it easier to know how much to serve Chris. I'm so proud of him as he has probably lost about 25 pounds since last winter. He's done it very slowly, just the way they say is the best way to keep it off. :)

*I went to a mini high school reunion last night. It was organized through Facebook, so I only found out about it through Jen. I really didn't want to go as I'm not a big fan of mingling. While I feel like I'm pretty good at conversation and asking people about themselves (rather than rattling off about my life for an hour), I would much rather go out with a few people as opposed to making my way around the room chit chatting. Anyway, Jen convinced me to go (and I tried to back out a few times) and I'm glad I did. It was neat to see people and learn about their lives and what they have been doing these past 14 years. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, YAY for Chris!!! 25 pounds is no small feat!! That is AWESOME. I can really tell it when I look back at pictures from last year.

Is that the park we found? (I'd like credit, if so.)

I'm really glad you went last night too!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun at the reunion. And I am SOOO proud of Chris, too!!!! I know firsthand that losing weight is NOT easy!!! I'm toasting him right now!
-Mom