Friday, June 24, 2011

*I'm not sure if I've posted this meatloaf recipe before, but it is SOOO good. It's very moist and also super good wrapped in a tortilla as leftovers.

Taco Meatloaf
1 lb. ground beef/turkey
1/8 cup taco seasoning
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Mix together and mold into a loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (check after 30, depending on your oven). I actually made it in the crock pot so I wouldn't have to heat up the kitchen. I won't even try to give you the time since my crockpot is very weird and runs super hot.

*Yesterday Kendall and I were waiting for Cam to get out of speech. I was talking to another dad about the preschool class his son was in. He said the kids were pretty severe. One of the students was 7 years old and wanted to just sit and eat crayons most of the day. My heart broke for the child, but also for the parents. It's so hard to not get angry at the seeming unfairness of it. How much those parents long to just connect even a little with their son. While I can somewhat relate to them in worrying about Cam and how he'll make his way through life, I simply have no clue what they must go through day in and day out, while the rest of their friends are probably attending their kids' baseball games, going to the beach, etc.

*Kendall has started getting a kick out of spitting, as in spitting out her prune juice all over her clothes. It's really fun.

*Operation "eat as a family" commences on Monday. I've written down our dinners and bought most of the ingredients. I'm doing the staples I know they'll like except this one new recipe I found.

*One of my least favorite parts of summer is having to put sunblock all the time on the kids. Yesterday we were at the park and I really didn't want to go through the process, so I had us play in a more shaded area, just so I could avoid it. :) I think it's a hassle, plus it makes them so greasy for the rest of the day. I know it seems like such a minor thing, but for some reason it's a pet peeve. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I really hate sunscreen too... I'll avoid doing things in the sun just to avoid having to put it on them. I hate how they are all sticky and nasty after they've worn it. Plus, it's a PAIN to apply!

Anonymous said...

We love that meat loaf recipe. My card says "Kelly's Fabulous Meatloaf"--HA! And I am definitely trying the stir fry one.

My heart aches too for parents whose precious children have severe autism. Truly, completely breaks!

--Mom

Charlee said...

Sub in cheese for the taco seasoning and italian bread crumbs and you have how I make meatballs here!

Sunscreen is not my favorite but Breven learned that its a necessary evil this week he didn't put any on Friday and went to the pool for 4hrs with boys and girls club and got super fried! The told him to put it on he said no and paid the price! I have to say that the oil free lotion kind isint as sticky!