Monday, June 20, 2011

*I didn't take ANY pictures of our second half of the week, but it was very fun. Wednesday I did some much needed deep cleaning, which felt VERY good. Thursday we drove to the Camarillo area to Chris's aunt's place. That afternoon Chris golfed while I shopped (with great success!) and had a very, very enjoyable time of reading at Starbucks. I'm not sure why this part was so enjoyable...maybe because I never do it. I'm reading Jane Eyre for my book club, so it helped that I had a WONDERFUL book to pass the time.

On Friday we drove to Santa Barbara and had a nice time walking around and eating at our favorite restaurant there. Saturday morning we packed up and headed back to the kids. We were both so anxious to see them and our little reunion didn't disappoint. They were sooo hyper and it was such fun to see them again!

We stayed the weekend and got home this afternoon after one of our better car trips. It was a great week for Chris and I, but it's also nice to be back home and ready for our normal routine again.

*At Kendall's 2 year check up, we found her iron levels were low. They gave me a list of iron rich foods and one of the best ones was Cream of Wheat. I wanted to make sure she didn't write it off on her first taste so I put a little more brown sugar than I normally would have. Luckily she loved it. Hopefully making that one of her breakfast staples will help a lot.

*I've been doing some research on fun things to do with the kids now that Cam doesn't have school. I found a cool museum and a new hiking trail area I'm excited to try.

*Very excited for the new Cars movie. I'm hoping to get my mom to watch Kendall so both Chris and I can take Cam.

*OK, I'm off to make some dessert. It's my last night of "vacation eating"...ahhh...so sad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We you guys able to remember what we had ordered at Palazzio's or did you try something new? And what was your last dessert???

Charlee said...

I mix applesauce in cream of wheat for my kids and they gobble it up and thats the best iron source for picky eaters!

Kelly said...

Ana: We tried something new that was very good. My dessert consisted of TOO many cookies the kids and I had made earlier in the day. :)

Charlee: Love the applesauce idea...especially b/c this morning she refused it and I had to resort to sprinkles on top to get her to eat it. :)

Anonymous said...

Too many cookies? Impossible! :) On a side note, we keep a bottle of rainbow sprinkles in our cabinet and it works wonders. I wouldn't hesitate to break them out again for Kendall if it does the trick for her. The benefits far outweigh the bit of sugar-and it makes food so much fun!