Saturday, October 22, 2016

what a week

Today was a very low key day, which was much needed. This last week was one of the hardest I've had in a long time. Work is hard. I'm bringing home a lot. The kids don't notice, but I have felt much less "present" (such a trendy word, but it fits best). I'm not sleeping great. I had two really stressful IEP's in one day.

Chris has been wonderful, but I have felt badly because the amount of tears I've shed this week probably set a record.

So that was my week...but it ended better than it started and the weekend started out on a perfect note... with a great night's sleep. So here are a few things we've been up to:

*Our library held a baking contest today. Kendall decided to make Gingerbread Men Cake Pops. We started the process Thursday night by forming our pops.


This afternoon was the big contest. While she didn't win a prize, we were so proud of our little baker!


*I'm really enjoying, This is Us

*Chris designed some really cool shirts for his Crossfit gym.


*On Thursday Kendall wasn't feeling the best. I ended up going to pick her up early and surprised Cam by getting him as well. I got them a Redbox movie on the way home. It was sooo nice to have an afternoon off.



1 comment:

Teresa DiMillo said...

I'm praying for your work stress. It's really hard when you are pulled between work and home. I despise brining work home, but sometimes, it's inevitable. Our kids usually give us more grace than we give ourselves.

I'm obsessed with This Is Us!! Reminds me of Parenthood :)