Monday, June 18, 2007

father's day


Yesterday we went over to my parent's house to celebrate Father's Day. When we got there, my parents had a great surprise for us. They had put up the cutest tree swing for Cameron. He really enjoyed it and was quite mellow when put in it.

For Father's day, I made my dad a cartoon strip with a few things I was thankful for. In brief, my cartoon included:

*The fact that he is always willing to help out, whether it be picking us up from the airport (during rush hour no less!), taking me to the ER when I had an eye infection, or picking Chris up from the car dealership. Those things might not sound that amazing, but the great part is that he does tons of these things without ever making you feel like you are putting him out. He is always ever willing and ever cheerful about anything you ask of him.
*He often brags to us about how wonderful my mom is. I love this and think it is so neat for a child to hear.
*I love his heart for missions and his never ending quest to help with The Great Commision in leading people to Christ.

You can't see my cartoon too well (maybe that's a good thing!), but here is a picture.

This was also Chris's first Father's Day. As Cam is a little young to put his appreciation into words, I'll do it for him.
Thanks dad for loving to:
*Wrestle with me. I promise as I get bigger, I'll be better at it
*For taking little breaks throughout your work day to come and see what mom and I are up to
*For asking mom to get you when I wake up from a nap, so you can come see me
*For being so silly when you play with me and getting me to giggle even more than mom does!
*For being so helpful to mom when I can get a little demanding. You give her lots of breaks and are always willing to help out in whatever way you can...often encouraging her to get out while you watch me



Happy Father's Day everyone!

4 comments:

Team Harry said...

Kel- You are so blessed with a great Dad, son and Hubby!! Praise God!!

Grandma said...

You are so sweet and creative. I hope Cameron inherits that from you.

Donna Stark said...

--Oh, my goodness! I'm behind on your posts. I've checked for days & it always opened up to the comment section of your June 13 "Family" post, so I just figured you hadn't posted since.
--Yes, his eyes are SO blue in that petting zoo picture!
--I'm so glad to be reminded that you can click & enlarge these!
--Yes, you and Cameron both have WONDERFUL fathers!
--Ou, I like that "stations" idea from Be-a-Mary!
--Grandma, those flowers in the background are beautiful--good planting!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Great specifics!