Saturday, June 16, 2007

petting zoo and play time




This week we made our first trip to the petting zoo. A group from my mom's group met on Wednesday. I was excited to see what Cam's reaction would be because he gets such a kick out of dogs (giggleing especially hard if they lick him). I was slightly disappointed when he seemed indifferent to all the great animals, even when one of the donkeys went nuts and gave some fabulous noises! Above is a picture outside the petting zoo. You might wonder why I didn't include pictures of actual animals since we were at a petting zoo afterall...well, it turns out getting another mom to take your picture, while she is in the middle of chasing down her kids, is not as easy as you would think!


Sometimes the days can get a little long if we don't have an outing planned. I can usually sense when Cam is getting tired of his same old toys and the same old living room walls. Usually we go for a walk every day. I find that even if it is super hot, it is worth it to get out of the house as he always enjoys the scenery. Anyway, here is a picture of him on a quilt in the front yard. I know, I know, not that exciting of a destination. But at least there is a possible mail truck or ice cream man for him to look at! I've learned that getting outside is usually an instant mood lifter if I'm tired or a little on the bored side. I remember my mom would always say that and want me to take a walk or simply walk outside for a minute as she claimed, "It will really make you feel better". Well, mom, this picture is for you!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

I'm sure if he were walking, he would have had a different reaction to the animals. Maybe he was more interested in the other kids. You are lucky you have a beautiful yard to take him out to. Is he screaming in the picture or laughing?

Anonymous said...

He is so happy!!!! Cute!

To "Grandma" - if you click on the picture, it will greatly enlarge it.

I SOOOOOOOOO agree a thousand times over that it really helps to get outside! For kids AND mom!!!

Savannah always finds something more interesting than the animals when we go to the zoo.... like a tree to climb, tunnels to explore, a grate in the ground to poke around.... =)

He's looking really blond!

Team Harry said...

I can totally relate cause I used to think my kids were way easier to deal with while we were out...

Now that they are older and they have so many friends here I can't get them back inside!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute is Cam!!?! That top picture, his eyes are just so stinkin' blue! Reminds me of my friend Kelly. :) He is so cute, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

I have set my house up in 'stations' and we routinely move from station to station. I try to move us before we get too crazy & bored. Upstairs, Downstairs, Living Room, Backyard, Family Room, Front Yard, Bathroom (these days i can stick them in the shower together and they'll play and giggle). Anyhow, i completely understand how 'lifted' things feel when you get outdoors in space and nature. my kids LOVE being outside.