Thursday, June 28, 2007

talk or not talk?

Today I got a pedicure. I splurged and went to an actual spa to get it done rather than Happy Nail or Super Nail. It was very relaxing and wonderful to get out by myself for a couple hours. I'm not sure I can rationalize spending quite that much on one again. It might be a nice treat every year or so. Anyway, it was just me and the pedicurist (is that a word?) in the room. I found it somewhat awkward as far as conversation was concerned. On one hand, I feel like I don't want to talk because I want to just relax and focus on how good it feels. But on the other hand, I feel a little rude not making at least some polite conversation. I decided on a compromise. I waited until the end, when she was actually painting my toes, and made some small talk. That way, I didn't feel like a total snob, but I was able to enjoy the majority of it in silence.

Cam stayed back with dad. This has been a very busy week for Chris, so Cam hung out in his office with some toys and Baby Einstein while dad worked. Chris then put him down for what is proving to be his second 2 hour nap in two days. Can somebody please pinch me???
On Saturday we are headed up the coast for a week in a house with Chris's family. It should be loads of fun, especially considering it will be in the 60's there and the 100's here!! We'll be sure and take lots of pictures, especially when we take Cameron to the beach for the first time. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

That's a pretty high-tech looking nursery. I had a spa day too. The place I've been going to to get my nails done is run by Vietnamese folks who speak very broken English and wear masks. Conversation is minimal but I'm sure will improve the more I frequent the place. It is nice just to sit and enjoy and not have to expend any energy or thought however.

Anonymous said...

Haven't done the spa thing, but the lady who does my nails is also Vietnamese. I usually visit with her a little bit & then read the book I brought. I look forward to some time to sit & read.