Saturday, April 5, 2008

gosh I hope this works!

Some of you know that Chris and I have very difficult sleep habits. As husband and wife, sleeping together has progressively gotten harder and harder. Here is why. For some unexplainable reason, (yes, unexplainable as I have been checked out by a neurologist and am completely normal) I convulse during the night. My whole body will shake for a few seconds. Chris jokes that sometimes he thinks I get air it is so hard. Anyway, this combined with the fact that Chris is an EXTREMELY light sleeper and can't easily fall back to sleep has made for some miserable nights for him. I never know I'm doing it, but he does. I can't count how many times I have woken him up at 2:00 in the morning, only to have him unable to fall back to sleep. He'll usually go into the other room to finish off the night or just get up and start working (and doesn't that make for a long work day!!).

I have felt horrible about this, but there is absolutely nothing I can do. Sooooo...after too many nights sleeping in separate bedrooms, we tried the Lucy/Ricky approach. We pushed a queen and a twin together and basically slept in separate beds but in the same room. This worked, however we just didn't like the arrangement and didn't feel like it was the healthiest thing for us to sleep in separate beds the rest of our lives. So we finally broke down and bought a temperapedic (actually it is an off brand of the same concept bed). Gosh I hope this works, because this bed wasn't cheap!!

4 comments:

Team Harry said...

I can only imagine what a bummer this is for you guys!!! I hope it works 2!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this was our conversation just now:

Me: Hey, Chris and Kelly just got a temperapedic bed.

Chris: Which one got it?

Me: Both of them. Just one bed.

Chris: So they're gonna share a bed now?

I was laughing. But I'm not laughing at all about your sleep struggles. I really hope this bed is the answer! Keep us updated!

Donna Stark said...

Oh, I do too. And I bet it will be, even if it takes a few nights to adjust to the new set-up. I really like the comforter you got.

Anonymous said...

So...how did it work? Deb and I were checking the blog tonight to see if you have updated everyone on "how it worked"?