Monday, April 21, 2008

sleep over

I used to be a part of a MOPS type group at my mom's church. Since Cameron wouldn't stay in the nursery, I had to stop attending, which I was really bummed about. However this past week I was able to go (Chris watched Cam) so that I could see my mom. She was the speaker for the meeting and she did AWESOME. The topic was on how to be a Godly mom. She was so clear, articulate, and interesting, and I'm not just saying that because she is my mom! I got a lot out of it and felt proud to be sitting in the audience as her daughter. Afterward, she took me out to lunch for my birthday.



On Saturday, Chris's brother and sister-in-law dropped their two girls off for a sleep over while they got away to Palm Springs for the night. We had such a nice time with them and they behaved so well! The hardest part was at the park where it became quite apparent that keeping track of three kids as opposed to one is very different! Hopefully they had a nice time with their aunt and uncle, because we sure did!







Sunday afternoon we went to a birthday party for a friend's son who turned one. It was held at a kid's gym, which was GREAT!! I highly recommend having parties at places like this because it makes it so nice for the kids. Cam would have never lasted just going to a house. But he adored this place and was quite content to run back and forth on the gigantic trampoline.

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Aww, such sweet words--thank you.

SOOO nice of you & Chris to offer to keep your sweet nieces. They sure are cute!

That DOES sound like a good place to have a kids' party. Can just anyone rent a kids' gym for a party?