Friday, April 11, 2008

vegas

Today Chris and I got back from a mini vacation to Las Vegas. We love Vegas. No, we aren't huge gamblers by any means (although Chris did frequent a few black jack tables), we just love walking around the hotels, shopping, sitting and people watching, eating out, etc. We had such a wonderful and relaxing time together, despite missing our sweet boy tremendously.

Unfortunately the day we left him with my parents, he came down with a fever. At one point, it hit 104 degrees and Chris and I found ourselves contemplating coming home. It wasn't that we didn't trust my parents by any means, but we just wanted to be near him while he was feeling so yucky. Fortunately the fever came back down and by the next day, he was back to normal.

Here we are at dinner our second night. I love sitting outside or by the window and we got a great view with this table!



I had a very successful shopping trip. It was sooo nice to take my time and try things on, rather than estimate my size and just buy it, like I do when Cam is with me! One thing I realized is how much things have gone up in price. I remember in high school places like Windsor Fashions or Forever 21 were relatively cheap. However I couldn't find a cute shirt at Windsor for under $35! Call me cheap, but that is far too much to pay for a shirt!

3 comments:

Team Harry said...

How nice! Looks like my kind of trip!!! I think I've sat at that exact table at Maggiano's!!! Glad Cam is feeling better!! Good Grandparents are the biggest blessing huh?

Donna Stark said...

I'm SOOOOO happy that you had such a great time! And Cameron was so precious! He likes to say "Papa" now. :o) Cute red top! (And the reason you consider $35 too much for a top is because you are the champion at finding nice things on super-duper sale price.)

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

as I read your blog, I'm sitting on the couch in those same shorts! ha! they've quickly become my favorite! : )