Monday, March 16, 2009

grilled flatbread sandwich (Rachel Ray)

I tried a new recipe from my latest Rachel Ray magazine tonight. It was quite labor intensive so I'm not sure I'll do it again, but it was tasty (we both gave it an "8") I changed the recipe a little but basically you take Pillsbury pizza crust and cut it into five rectangles. After baking the rectangles, you brush each with plain yogurt (this is what we didn't care for...not much taste). You then layer green onions, corn, turkey sausage, cheese, and stir fried potatoes. You then grill (or put it in the George Foreman like I did) it.

Here it is with some more potatoes/sour cream on the side.



We have grown to LOVE potatoes cooked this way. After baking or nuking them, I let them cool. I then slice them up and saute them in a little olive oil and sprinkle Lawry's on top. So tasty!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

sounds yummy!

Los Claytons said...

oooohh! Sounds REALLY good! I love reading your recipe blogs! They always leave me hungry :)