Friday, March 20, 2009

"so cool"



I just bought some new lotion and as I was putting it on, I realized it reminded me of Sunflowers, a perfume that came out back when I was in Jr. High/High School. I remember thinking I was so cool when I bought this perfume...not sure why. Now you can buy it for $5 at Walmart!

It got me thinking about other things I bought back when I was young that I also felt "ultra cool" buying:

*Body Suits- Yes, these came out when I was in 7th grade and I thought they were SOOO rebellious and cool. I guess I never actually bought one because I don't think I had the guts to wear it. :)

*Dr. Martens: These were probably my first pair of expensive (at least more than I was used to spending) shoes and they were worth every penny as I felt quite awesome in them.

*Skorts: I thought I was awesome because for a skirt, it was shorter than I would have been allowed to wear...but wait mom, they are actually shorts!!

*Minnie Mouse Key Chain: This one is a little weird, I know. Basically I bought this months before I got my drivers license. I kept it securely in a zip lock bag (because heaven forbid it would...umm..mold???) until the day of my 16th birthday, when I finally got my license. I think I felt cool because it was more of a symbol of what was to come. Not sure what I was thinking as Minnie Mouse seems a little childish for a mature 16 year old. :)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

How could you not have had a body suit? I had one in every color, they looked awesome with my extra high-waisted pants.

I also LOVED the Dr. Martins and felt SO cool when I got a pair.

Is it bad that I still have a couple of skorts???? I find them very handy when you're chasing after a toddler. You don't have to worry about showing your goods but it still looks like you're wearing a skirt :) They are much cuter than what we used to have... where it looked like a skirt in the front but not the back. These at least look like a skirt all the way around :)

p.s. thanks for the cookies, I enjoyed one already :)

Donna Stark said...

It's so interesting what things make a kid feel cool!

Anonymous said...

The key chain in the bag is hilarious. That makes me laugh out loud. Hilarious. Didn't you have one of those duck purses too?

I had a body suit and felt quite cool. Shouldn't have though - don't exactly have the figure for it!

Oh yes skorts - ours looked like shorts... but huge shorts, right?

Ahhhh, those were the days.

Jen said...

I proudly wore a green velvety body suit but with a vest over it to cover up my amazing jr. high figure....you know, SUPER curvy! I didn't want to make those boys stumble when I smiled at them with my railroad teeth and perfectly straight bangs! Remember my keychain that said, "Behind every great man is a great behind"? That was SO awesome! And...yes, Dr. Martens were the best...lets bring them back!

Ross and Amy Free said...

Why didn't jean shorts make the list?