Wednesday, November 17, 2010

some good things

*Cam has REALLY begun to initiate play with Kendall. This is HUGE!! I can't even begin to tell you how my heart leaps when I hear him asking her to play. This morning I heard them locked in my closet. She kept saying, "Book, book!". I then heard, "Here, sissy, here is a book. I'll read it...Once there was a kiki (Kendall's odd name for an airplane) at the airport. Then there was a helicopter...". I should have entitled this post AWESOME, because that is what it was to hear this interaction.

*I'm excited to report that I found a meal that Chris likes. The only reason this is unusual is because it contains beans and it's a soup (which typically he doesn't consider a meal). His mom had emailed me the recipe a long time ago, but I never tried it once I saw the beans listed. However we ate it at my sister-in-law's a few weeks back and he really liked it...enough to rate it a 9!! Yipeee!

*Our kids have always gone to bed early. Very early. Kendall's bedtime is at 6:00 and Cam is at 6:45. This is simply because I'm a morning person, so I would rather them get up early and start the day...leaving Chris and I long evenings. The funny part is that because of their bedtimes, they rarely get to be out in the dark. It's quite a novelty, actually, to them. :) We went to Disneyland yesterday afternoon. I think Cam was more excited that it was going to get dark while we were there than actually going!

*Today I took the kids to a friend of my mom's horse stable. Cam loved riding the horse, especially when he got to say, "Ho!", for it to stop. Kendall loved seeing the horse as well, but not as much as sitting in the dirt getting FILTHY.




2 comments:

Jessica deBruyn said...

LOVE the interaction! So wonderful!! And, Ava's bedtime is 6:45 too... on Halloween her fav part was seeing the stars in the sky as she has never seen them before. =) And how neat is it that you live close to a horse farm! Such exciting things!

Donna Stark said...

I can hardly contain myself at the interaction you're hearing Cam do with Kendall! And seeing Cam on the horse yesterday giving the stop and go commands was too cute.

Almost as exciting is Chris's discovery that he CAN like certain recipes with beans--those healthy, high-protein things God created! Here's to more new horizons on the bean front!