Monday, November 8, 2010

weekend with cam

This past weekend Chris took Kendall up to visit his parents. This was the first time he took Kendall, rather than Cameron. I was so excited to get to plan a weekend just for Cam and I. Not that I don't love family outings, but it's nice sometimes to just focus on one. :)

I took advantage and really packed our weekend with some fun things. Saturday we went to Disneyland. I was hesitant to go on a Saturday, but I was surprised at how few people were there. We got there right when it opened and walked on most of the rides. I had such a great time with my little buddy and while it's fun to have Kendall there, it was a little more relaxing and we were able to take our time on things Cam wanted to take his time on.

On Sunday we went to, "A Day Out with Thomas". I had heard about this before, but wrote it off because the tickets were pretty pricey. However my brother-in-law was able to get us tickets through his work, so off we went! It was so fun and a great end to our little mother-son weekend.

They had a tent set up with several train sets for the kids to play with. I was SO impressed with Cameron. There were TONS of kids and he didn't get overwhelmed. I thought surely he would want to leave once we saw all the kids. Boy has he changed!


I was hoping they would have some model trains set up, and sure enough, they did. I really enjoyed looking at them as well. The details of the scenery that surround the little tracks are so neat. They even had a replica of the Fullerton railroad station, one which I often drove by back in college as it was right next to Spaghetti Factory. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun that you could spend a weekend with just Cameron and do such fun things :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I agree, it's fun to be able to go on dates and devote attention to just one child at a time.

Donna Stark said...

Yea for all your great plans for your mother-son weekend. I know Cam loved it too. The train place looks super fun!

sfitz said...

I used to work at that Spaghetti Factory. :-)

What a sweet time with your little boy, precious.