Tuesday, November 23, 2010

weekend

Today we got back from a few days up north with Chris's parents. The trip was my idea since I knew Cam had this week off from school. I wanted to do something different/fun, other than rotate parks all week. Some highlights were:

*Homemade rolls from Debbie: My dinner on Sunday pretty much consisted of just rolls.

*Bowling: Chris had introduced Cam to Wii bowling a while back and he really took to it. We thought it would be fun to take him real bowling and he LOVED it! Kendall was a little scared of the loud pins and balls, so she stayed in my lap the majority of the time. :)




Watching the kids outside: It's so fun to see how excited they get about simply running around. Cam REALLY gets excited about his "girls"/dogs. The first day we were there was a little muddy, and I forgot his boots at home. Debbie had some from my nieces he borrowed. Quite fashionable I might say.





*Down time: I got a good amount of down time in the evenings and yesterday when Chris and his dad took the kids to McDonald's and shopping. I was also able to do some Christmas shopping while Debbie and Wayne watched the kids.

*Debbie invited Cam to come to work with her (she is a teacher). He was able to play outside with her class during PE and "help" out. I was proud that he didn't get overwhelmed with all the kids and seemed to really enjoy himself.

*It's always fun to see how much the kids enjoy their grandparents, and vice versa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all those same things about visiting the grandparents. We're so blessed. I love your hair by the way. You look super cute in the bowling alley pic.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip :) I love your new hair cut!!

Donna Stark said...

What a fun few days--so many different things to do and enjoy!