Friday, November 21, 2014

3/4 and 1/4

3/4 of my day was pretty yucky. Kendall woke at 3:45 a.m. When I went in to see what she needed I was met with a, "Nevermind!!". Nice. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal because we would both go right back to sleep. However, thanks to the thunder/lightning last night, all four of us were woken and awake for the day by 4:15 a.m.

A couple hours later I left for my sub job at the high school. It was NOT the best day. Note to self: Do not accept PE jobs. Wow. Wrangling 60+ high school kids (half who didn't want to do anything) is not  my idea of fun. It was just plain stressful. I was counting down the hours until I could get home to the kids because today was Christmas decorating day! Woohoo! Yes, it's a little early, however since I'm hosting Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to have the house nice and Christmas'y. :)

So the last 1/4 of my day totally made up for the first part!


Last year we started the tradition of letting the kids eat dinner by the Christmas tree the night we decorated. They were VERY excited about it again this year. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, a good reminder to yourself. Yes, the P.E. stint sounds pretty stressful. A sweet evening decorating with the kids sounds like heaven then. Looks pretty!
Mom