Tuesday, May 19, 2015

insomnia

*An excerpt from Kendall's bedtime prayer the other night:

"Dear Jesus, thank you for all the things you do for us and all the things we do for you. Some people do things, like buy road atlases. Thank you for the Holy Spirit, and God, and Jesus. They are three, but one. They are also two..."

I was quite speechless. :)

*Today I subbed middle school and had a pretty good day except for the last period, which was one for the record books. Horrible. Horrible. I found it funny that my kids were SOOO into asking all sorts of questions:

-Mom, what did your face look like when you were firm with the boy?
-Can you say what you said exactly in the way you said it?
-Did he cry?

And the questions continued... :)

*I told Chris I was kind of looking forward to his 8:00 softball game tonight because that meant Bachelorette time for me!! I tend to skip the limo exit scenes. Just plain awkward.

*We are going up north this weekend and are giving Kendall a second birthday celebration with Chris' parents. She has requested vanilla cake and I'm thinking of decorating it with strawberries, like the one below. And I, of course, will pluck those strawberries right off my slice. :)


*Story behind the picture: This was taken the day after my first night battling insomnia. The previous night I literally did not sleep at all. I know it's hard to fathom...it certainly was for me. I still am not sure why it started but I struggled with it for about 9 months. I will say that was the hardest, darkest period of my life. Sleep colors everything. I still, to this day, can't read articles about sleep because it triggers thoughts/feelings that I just don't like.


*My new favorite snack: Cheez-it's and pretzels together, in the same bite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to look at that picture of you and Cameron too. You were such a trooper and so committed to weathering what you were going through. I do think that was probably the root of your insomnia. And I am immeasurably thankful for where you are and where Cameron is today.
Mom