Saturday, July 25, 2015

soup plantation

*I've been watching an old season of Food Network Star on Netflix. One of the contestants made risotto using riced cauliflower. I make riced cauliflower about once a week, but I'm the only one who eats it (poor Chris can't stand the smell). Maybe this recipe will help ease he and the kids into it...I'll keep you posted. :)


*This past week I took the kids to a VBS down the street. Cameron wasn't quite into it and ended up staying back with me each day (Kendall LOVED it). I must admit that I had made a few plans thinking I wouldn't have either kid for a few hours each day, but Cam and I were able to have some fun times together, including some marathon Harry Potter reading sessions and a bike ride.



*We took the kids to Soup Plantation today to celebrate their new shoe-tying abilities. It's funny that both kids only ate mac & cheese and bread. I guess just the idea of having unlimited varieties of food is the exciting part. :)




*I'm hearing, "Our summer is going so fast!", from a lot of people. I must agree and I don't like it one bit.

*Our health insurance "fun" continues. I must say that last year we felt very helped by it and were very grateful. This year? Not so much... :(


1 comment:

Jessica said...

I don't want summer to end! I keep trying not to think about it :(