Thursday, July 26, 2007

awesome

Chris and I are huge fans of Rock Harbor church in Costa Mesa. Granted, I have never actually been there, but we listen to the messages nearly every week. They make my early morning bike rides and Chris's times at the gym much more enjoyable. A few weeks back J.P. Moreland spoke. It was awesome. The next evening he held a question and answer time. I've listened to it twice and plan on listening to it again in the future. He answers basic questions like, "How do we know Christianity is right?", and "How can we practice free will if God knows what we are going to do before we do it?". I would highly, highly recommend downloading this to your ipod or just listening to it on the computer. He explains things so clearly that even if you didn't believe in God, you would find it fascinating. Here is the link (copy and paste it):

http://www.rockharbor.org/resources/messages/index.php?page=current#

When you get to this page, type in "Kingdom Triangle, core doubts" in the search archive (top right). There are two parts. It is entitled, "Core Doubts: Q & A with JP Moreland"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for a new idea of something I can listen to! I feel like I go through Focus on the Family and Family Life broadcasts too quickly - I'm running out of listening material. Thanks!!

The best class I took at Biola was Moreland's Apologetics class.

Anonymous said...

I concur! This is a great Q & A by J.P. I should listen to it again when I can take notes.