Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pastor Petinak

This past weekend we drove up to my in-laws to surprise Chris's dad. He was scheduled to fill in for their pastor and preach on Sunday. We headed out Saturday morning and arrived in the afternoon. It was fun to walk into the house and surprise him sitting at his desk.

He did a great job and it was fun to hear him (he used to be a pastor, so Chris had heard him before, but not for a long time). After church, we had lunch back at the house with our friends, Matt and Jana, Chris's grandparents, and some good friends, Mo and Annie. Debbie and Wayne had a party to attend that evening so Chris and I rented a movie. I would give it a 4...I can't even remember the name.

Monday we left Cam with Debbie and headed to Fresno to do a little shopping and eat at The Cheesecake Factory. I got some new shoes and a cute pair of shorts from Express for only $10 (those who shop at Express know this is quite a steal!). We drove home this morning. Poor Chris started getting sick yesterday, which made for a long ride home. Hopefully he'll start feeling better after another good night's sleep. Cam did so wonderful on both the trip up there and back. We have discovered this cheesy CD of kids' songs that literally keeps him mesmerized for quite a long time. It gets super annoying for us to listen to, but oh is it worth it!


Here is Cam kicken back in his little chair. How cute is he?




We ordered the most amazing appetizer (recommended by a friend), called Avocado Egg Rolls. So scrumptious. I gave them a 10!


Last night we got food to go from Chris's all time favorite Mexican place, Espe's. I've blogged about it before. It is good food...but I don't think I quite have the obsession that Chris and his brother seem to have. I must add that this is the second night of Espe's on this trip. We also went the night we arrived. Did I mention it is Chris's favorite???

Thanks Debbie and Wayne for a fun weekend. Cam loved getting lots of attention and being so spoiled!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

It was so great that you all came. I know it is a long trip. We are thankful that Cameron is such a good "roadie" at least right now. You are welcome to come surprise us anytime and stay as long as you like.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go and surprise Wayne! Wish I could have heard him, too. Kelly, you are the absolute queen of finding bargains at great stores...only limited by the infrequency of your shopping. Cam looks so cool in his little chair.

Team Harry said...

That's special!! Love Cam's picture in the chair...