Monday, July 16, 2007

weekend, nursery, and a late 9th month

Saturday we drove out to Chris's brother and sister in-laws. They had a church meeting for most of the day and Chris's parents were babysitting. We took Cameron and his cousin Hannah to the pool, hung out at their house, and had a great meal at Claim Jumpers before heading home.

We also borrowed a new toy. Since Cam would prefer standing or climbing up the stairs to sitting, we thought he might like to try walking!

Sunday we went to church. Our time didn't go quite as planned. I had signed up to work in the nursery because I have typically ended up there anyway due to Cam crying so much they have to buzz me. For some reason, he just does not do well around a lot of people unless I am there holding him (I noticed he was a lot more clingy on our vacation with Chris's family also). Anyway, I thought he would be fine in the nursery as long as I was in the room. However our ideas of "being in the room" proved quite different. He got unhappy as soon as I put him down to focus on another baby. I ended up having to call Chris to come and take him home because I wasn't able to be of much help with the rest of the kids. I know this is a phase for him, but it does make going to church more difficult each week.

That night, my mom came over for dinner and we watched a great episode of The Office we have tivo'd. Today we had a belated 9 month appointment for Cam (he's 10 1/2 months). It went great and I was reminded again how thankful I am that we absolutely love our doc. Cam hasn't changed much in the weight dept., but he has grown to 33 inches. He got a shot, screamed like heck, but quickly got over it. Right now Chris is giving Cam a bath. I'm about to go get our dinner ready, then we rented a movie for tonight. So I'm signing off...have a great night!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

It was great that you guys came over to Yorba Linda to spend a few hours. I was amazed at how quickly Cameron took to the "walker". He and Grandpa Jim will have to have a race - ha! That video is soo cute. Was he looking up at the ceiling fan as he turned the corner? - which was an impressive feat as well. I know it is hard on you to have Cameron so "clingy" but this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

You're going to have a walker pretty soon! He's so cute.

BTW, your wood floors are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Man--he's really goin' to town with that walker. Yeah, this clingy phase seems like forever, but it won't be. Too bad Chris had to come get him, but I'm sure the nursery workers appreciated him.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

what a little stud Cam is!!! he's really got the walking thing figured out!!!! : )