Sunday, July 8, 2007

fun week!

We got back yesterday from a week with Chris's family in Morro Bay. We rented a house so we could all be together (especially at night once the kiddos went to bed). The house was great and had a beautiful view of the ocean. Here are some pictures...enjoy!


Chris and his dad playing a game of crouquet.


Cam gets upset when noises hit a certain pitch. We took him to see some sea lions. Do you think the noise bothered him? Poor little thing!! (FYI-I wasn't just standing there laughing as he cried, like the picture shows...I quickly ushered him out to the more tame fish tanks)


Right behind me is where a few of us rented kayaks. That was probably the highlight of the trip for me. It was so much fun to paddle around. We had a great guide who had tons of interesting tidbits about Morro.



Each day different people were assigned breakfast and dinner. For Chris and my dinner, I made Sunny Pasta (I posted the recipe on a previous blog). This bowl doesn't even look as enormous as it was. Saying that we ate good on this vacation is a serious understatement!!


Cam seemed to really enjoy the beach, especially when the waves would come up and get his feet wet.


Here we are in the backyard on the 4th of July. Unfortunately we couldn't see any fireworks that night due to fog, but no one seemed to mind.


Here is the whole gang. It was such fun to be with everyone for such an extended length of time, especially Chris's uncle Butch and cousin Kayleen who came down from Oregon.

A few more highlights:

*I don't have a picture, but another ultra highlight for me was getting wonderful sleep. Chris's mom was wonderful enough to take Cam each morning before I woke up. This was such a treat for me!! Thanks, Debbie!!
*Each morning I would take Cam for a walk. It was fun to see all the beautiful homes in the neighborhood and just nice to be out in the quiet morning.
*Chris treated me to my first ever facial. It felt absolutely incredible.

5 comments:

Grandma said...

It was a wonderful week for me as well. It was a privilege to go in each morning and be greeted by such a happy smile and squeal from Cameron when he awoke. I was pleased to be able to help you out. Being so far away is difficult and this provided a memorable opportunity to bond with my grandson. God has truly blessed us with an incredible family....warts and all!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you had such a wonderful week and that you have such a wonderful Petinak family. Yes, I'm sure sleeping a little bit later was heavenly. So funny how the seal noise affected Cam. Great picture of you & Chris in the kitchen.

Team Harry said...

Love all your pictures..Looks like you had a great time. Chris looks kinda creepy in the picture in the kitchen- haha..
Your next trip should be to Texas!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When looking at the pic of Chris and his dad I flashed to "using a croquet mallot is directly related playing golf". It reminds me of using "training wheels to learning how to ride a bike". Get the picture? I think they need to keep practicing with the croquet for a little bit longer!!! JK

noonie