Tuesday, October 23, 2007

interesting few days

The past few days have been, well, interesting. On Sunday Chris was admitted to the hospital. He had developed a staph infection in his arm that was not healing even with the antibiotics he was on. Due to the recent scare (you might have seen it in the news) about a specific thread of staph, they wanted to make sure they got rid of it. So he spent the past couple days in the hosptial, hooked up to an IV (to receive antibiotics). My mom stayed with us the whole time and watched Cam while I went back and forth to the hospital. I simply cannot tell you how grateful we are to here. What an angel! Here he is with his nice little arm band/gaze.



The past few days have also brought us wind like I have NEVER seen before. The dust has been unbelievable. The worst part is our house. Our windows are not 100% sealed, therefore our whole house is literally covered in a film of dust. My sweet dad taped a few of our windows, but even that didn't keep it all out. Chris and I are somewhat neat freaks, so this is driving us crazy. I can't wait until the wind dies down and I can start to clean! Here is a picture of our window sill. Half has been vacuumed. Won't this be fun to clean up...ON EVERY WINDOW!!!




Another interesting, or rather yucky thing happened admist all this chaos. I backed into a woman in the Albertson's parking lot. Ughhh...not really what I needed. She was, shall we say, not happy AT ALL with me. I thought since I had a cute little baby with me, she might be a little nicer. Hmmm...not so much. Anyway, the important thing is that we weren't hurt and the "collison" was very small.

So that is the past few days...here is to hopefully some better ones!

p.s. Previous to all this, we did have a fun time at the Pumpkin Patch...


5 comments:

Team Harry said...

oh my gosh!! I am so sorry to hear about all your bad news. I hope things get better for you. I will pray for you guys. love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, this staph thing was nothing to mess around with. We are THANKING the Lord the antibiotics started working!!! That makes dirt and wind and fender benders pale in significance, doesn't it? (And it was a blessing to be able to help.)

But you're right--the dirt was unbelievable...visibility practically zero.

Grandma said...

UGH! What a rough patch that was! We are thankful that you had family there to support you. We can't even imagine how horrible the wind was and that awful aftermath - YUCK! Wish we could be there to help clean it up.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm trying to figure out where the picture of Chris was taken...don't recognize the furniture...& surely that's not hospital furniture.

Anonymous said...

when it rains, it pours, huh?? sooo sorry. :(