Monday, October 1, 2007

future athlete

Saturday morning we drove to a sports park nearby. We put Cam in the stroller and walked around the different games, watching the cute kids play. It made us pretty excited for when Cam gets to be that age and can play sports. Sidenote #1 Chris wanted me to add that despite Cam's Reebok attire, we are open to other endorsment offers for him. #2 He also wanted me to point out that while you may see soccer in the background, please don't mistake that for an approval of the sport (although I think soccer is great and would love it if Cam played!)



Later that afternoon we drove out to OC to have dinner with some friends, Karen and Curtis. It was nice to hang out with them and their kids and Cam did pretty well considering we had never stayed so late (up until his bedtime) with him anywhere.

Sunday our friends Jen and Eric stopped by for a few hours. We had a great time and I'm glad they took the long route to her parents so they could stop by.

This afternoon we are going over to my mom's house so Chris can hook up her new Tivo. I'm so happy she is finlly getting it. I'm a firm believer that once you go Tivo...you never go back!

4 comments:

Team Harry said...

I'm a firm believer in Tivo too!!... I love watching Aaron play sports! He tried Soccer & that is not his sport. I can't believe he's on his 7th baseball team right now & he's only 7 yrs old. He really wants to play basketball and football.... (I'm not ready for football yet!!!) It's a great way to meet so many mom and be a witness!!

Grandma said...

It was a joy to watch our boys in sports competitions. We miss it and will be excited to now see another generation get involved. Now, I always told Chris that he could play football as long as he was comfortable with the idea that if he got hurt on the field his mother would come running out yelling, "My Baby! Who hurt my Baby!" I also told him that I thought the numbers on the backs of football players jerseys equaled their IQ because how could any intelligent person get out there and play such a foolish game - ha!
Cameron is soooooo cute, he'll probably have modeling jobs!

Anonymous said...

TIVO.....what's TIVO!!!???
So don't you think the endorsement should go to the highest bidder? Modeling...yeah that's a possibility for Speedo? Hmmm I can see him now.....just like his dad!

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a great picture! I'm looking forward to sitting at those games, too. Maybe he'll play a sport I can yell at. I was pretty stifled since your sport was tennis. "Good shot" was about all I could say. The only place I got to really cut loose was the annual Awana Olympics!!