Thursday, September 27, 2007

stats: 33 in, 26.5 lbs

Today was Cam's year appointment. It was a month late, but we were willing to wait until we could see our regular pediatrician (as opposed to the nurse practioner) because we LOOOOOOVE her. We left feeling quite happy and incredibly thankful that we have a very healthy, fun, adorable baby boy (he's quite happy as well, as you can see).





Last night I had my first Bible Study as a group leader. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed facilitating the discussion time at my table. The ladies I sat with won't be in my permanent group, but it was still fun to meet them. The leaders had to make treats and I made peanut butter balls. They are always a hit wherever I bring them as they are cute and delicious. Here is the recipe. They are quite time consuming, but they freeze great so you can make them ahead of time.

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 stick softened butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 cups choc chips, melted
M&Ms

Mix first three ingredients (easiest if you do it with your hands). Form little balls. Drop melted chocolate over the top with a spoon and top with M&Ms. They make approx. 30-40.



Today as we were driving home from an errand, Chris made two funnies I thought I'd post:
1. After asking what we were having for dinner and my responding that we were having hamburgers, he said, "Mmmm! Sounds good. Just make sure to cut out the middle half of my bun!" This was said with quite a bit of sarcasm as he teases me because I have been known to do this very thing (to cut down on the carbs). :)
2. While on the freeway, I said, "Could you maybe not follow quite so close to that car ahead of us?", to which he responded, "Sure. I'll trade you straight up for no singing". Apparently I had been belting out Sir Oliver's song (a Cam favorite) without realizing that maybe I didn't sound as good as I had thought!

Before you think my husband is rude and insensitive, I should tell you that both of those were totally done in fun and I wasn't offended in the least...rather I laughed quite hard! OK, I must run. We still haven't seen the season premiere of the Office and our Tivo is screaming for us to come see it!

6 comments:

Team Harry said...

Wow. Cam weights more then Allison!! She is 4!!

That's one thing I have always appreciated about Chris... His one liners are so funny!!

I'm sorry I didn't call you back this week. I've been sick. Let's catch up next week

Anonymous said...

Actually, I could've thought of those one-liners too---10 minutes afterwards! It's Chris's quickness that makes him so funny.
Yes, I'm thanking the Lord, too, for that little fella's good health!

Jen Epperson said...

Those peanut butter balls look yummy! I will have to try that recipe! You always make the best dessert treats! :)

Anonymous said...

Of course Cam is going to be big if you insist on feeding him peanut butter balls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. hee hee

Anonymous said...

Your balls are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

At Bible study last night I found out that my friend's son, who is 7 months, weighs in at 24.5 pounds, so at least one little guy has Cameron beat!