Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fudgey German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

For Cam's birthday, I made cupcakes. I also decided to have a richer option since cupcakes, to me, are rather wimpy when it comes to a true, rich dessert. I made some cookies that have become Chris's absolute favorite. I got quite a good response from the other party goers and numerous requests for the recipe. They are super easy, although a little time consuming. Soooo...if you want to wow your friends at the next BBQ, may I suggest...Fudgey German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies?

1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup Cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tbls. milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Store bought can German Chocolate frosting (or could be called Coconut Pecan frosting)

Mix all ingredients (except the frosting). Form 1 inch balls (or larger if you want big cookies). Press down each ball with a spoon. Bake 8-10 mintues at 350 degrees. Once cooled, put a dollop of frosting on the inside of one cookie and place another one on top to form a sandwich. These are great to freeze ahead of time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Chris doesn't even like chocolate. How can this be?

Kelly said...

I know...however German chocolate cake, and now cookies, are the exception to his, "I hate chocolate" rule.

Carrie P said...

these look delicious, kelly! I'm definitely going to try them asap. :-) And --from the comment on my blog--I'm trying to remember to pray for Judson all day long. Their family is heavy on my heart.

Anonymous said...

Yes, these cookies WERE quite the hit! They are melt-in-your-mouth good!!

Grandma said...

After hearing the rave reviews at the party, I must confess to sneaking about 1/8 of one and it was YUMMY!!! I will add this to my recipe collection.

Ruthie said...

you don't know how excited i am to try this out!!!! can't wait!

Anonymous said...

ohhh, yay! noah and i loved them too, i can't wait to try them...