Monday, September 17, 2007

Petco

Saturday we made a trip to Costco. Boy was it different on a Saturday! I had not been on a weekend in a long time and it was soooo crowded. We decided to stick with going during the week. You still get the yummy samples but don't have to hassle with the crowds. Although has anyone ever noticed that they never have samples in the bakery section (the most important section of all!!)? That night I read my latest Rachel Ray magazine while Chris watched the USC game.

Sunday I went to church while Chris stayed home with Cam. We then made a trip to Petco. I had heard that they have dog adoptions on the weekends. Since Cam LOVES dogs, we thought he would enjoy it. He did, for the most part. I neglected to think about the fact that dogs bark. And yes, you guessed it...dog barking = Cam crying. Fortunately he did get in some good giggleing with the non-barking crowd and also enjoyed seeing the guinea pigs inside the store (but honestly, I think guinea pigs are among the ugliest little creatures!). After Petco we stopped by my parents for a while, then headed home.

On a side note, Cam has started doing something a little strange, and maybe slightly concerning. He puts his hands up to his ears. Usually it is one at a time, but sometimes it is both. It isn't the typical rubbing of the ears that babies do when they are tired. It is almost like he is giving himself earmuffs. I've noticed he does it when he is tired, which is sometimes throughout the day since we are having some napping issues. Anyway, I'm going to ask our doc about it when we go in for his check up. I've never seen babies do this, and I've worked with a lot over the years. It is almost like they are bothering him, but he never gets fussy or upset about it. Here is a picture where I caught him in the act.

2 comments:

Team Harry said...

I hope its nothing big with his ears... but I do have to tell u that he looks extremely cute while he's doing it : )

We have a dog he can come play with anytime... wink, wink ; )

Grandma said...

I hope there is nothing wrong with his ears either. He could be giving you a clue or he could be practicing for when he turns 12!!