Tuesday, September 18, 2007

sports

A friend of mine emailed my sister and I regarding our dislike of sports. She is an avid sports fan and was curious as to how someone could have such a great distaste for things dealing with leather balls, nets, wooden sticks (bats), and the like. I had Chris read her email and he chose to respond. I thought his email was hilarious, so I thought I'd post it. :)

"This is Chris, Kelly wanted me to read your email. She
prefaced it that it was about sports and that you were
trying to get Kell and Susan to like sports. Here's
how the rest of the conversation played out:

Me: Karen likes sports?
Kell: Yeah she likes this one team.
Me: What team?
Kell: I don't know . . . it's on her blog.
Me: What sport?
Kell: I don't know, it's on her blog.
Me: (thinking . . . Karen must've just typed the name
of a team in her blog somewhere)

So, I visit your blog and see a football helmet, not a
baseball helmet, basketball uniform, hockey sticks, a
football helmet. Let's just say it's an uphill battle
Karen. I'm holding out hope that our son will force
her to, but I'm not holding my breath.

True story:
I'm on my way to Vegas with a car full of guys. Kelly
calls me on my cell phone to tell me that she's in a
restaurant with some girlfriends and "Kobe O'Brien"
walked in...clearly the distant Irish cousin of the
infamous L.A. Laker.

A helpful hint, if you happen to know background of a
player (i.e. girlfriend, wife, kids, legitimate or
illegitimate, prior misdemeanors, where they live,
how much money they make, etc., it can add another 10-20
minutes of viewing time.

Good luck and thanks for fighting the good fight."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kobe Obrien. Now, that's rich! Kelly, I would think you'd at least know him because of his rape case. :o)

Kelly said...

This was well before the rape case. He was barely famous.

Anonymous said...

The SAD thing is that I read that about 3 times and had no idea why it was funny. Then it slowly dawned on me that "O'Brian" sounded just a bit off... and the word "Irish" ..... aha!!!

I love this post. I think it's hilarious (the parts that I understand, anyway. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh--before the rape case? Then it's totally understandable!!! :o)