Monday, September 10, 2007

petting zoo

I took Cam to the petting zoo today. We had been before (a few months ago) and he wasn't too into it. I thought maybe he would enjoy it more now that he was a little older. He did like seeing the different animals (especially touching the nose of the goat) and riding in his stroller along the dirt trail. Chris has been pretty non-stop with work lately, so it was a fun little date, just the two of us.



I'm not sure which animal was his favorite, probably all the ones that didn't make a noise...he was NOT a fan of the sound one of the big birds made. It must have hit that pitch that just seems to get him.



Tonight Chris and I ate dinner outside on the patio. I remember when we first got married, we moved to an apartment that had a balcony. I was so excited b/c I pictured us eating dinner outside all the time. We rarely ever did. We again have rarely used our table outside here at our home. I think the main reason is that I'm always too lazy to clean off the table and chairs. But I decided to get off my booty and do it tonight. It was such a pretty and cool evening, very worth the 3 minutes it took to give the table a good clean!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Petting zoos can be pretty fun but make sure you wash his hands with antibacterial soap right afterward.

Perhaps the dr. can check his hearing when he goes for his checkup. Maybe his ears are overly sensitive. It's worth asking about.

I'm glad you had a chance to get out to the zoo and out to the patio to enjoy the breeze.

Anonymous said...

He is SO big! Love his expression in the second pic. =)

Hey - you should get one of those big plastic things that drape over the table AND chairs -then you won't have to ever clean them off. I would FOR SURE get one if I had a great place to use it like you do - don't be a lazy booty about it - I'm sure even Target would have one?

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I just came & read this blog after cleaning off my patio table to go out & do my Bible study. Was tempted to "just stay inside" but I love it too much outside! It's always worth it to eat dinner outside!!
Yeah, that's right. I had read some things about needing to really clean your hands after a petting zoo, too.
Glad you two had a good time up there. Oak Glen is so quaint.

Team Harry said...

We love sitting outside here!! Someday you will have older kids who can help you clean up and clear the table (like me). Give Cam a kiss from me!!