Sunday, November 4, 2007

Palm Springs

Jen and I went to Palm Springs for the weekend. Saturday we drove to the Marriott (we didn't stay here, but this is our all time favorite hotel) and relaxed by the pool for a while. Later we went shopping and out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory (Orange Chicken...AMAZING!). After dinner we headed back to the hotel, watched some TV, and fell asleep...at about 9:00. Yes, 9:00. Of course I was all for an early bedtime! Fortunately since Jen is pregnant, she was more than willing oblige.



Sunday morning we walked to the Coffee Bean for breakfast. Here we are sitting next to the beloved Lucille Ball.



We then relaxed for a while in our room (and painted our toes)and headed home, making a most productive stop at Cabizon on the way. It was a wonderful weekend and so incredibly relaxing for me. Here are a few things I enjoyed that I rarely get to do, now that Cam is in the picture (however I sure did miss him!):

*Reading magazines while sitting in the pool
*Eating my meals at my own pace
*Taking my time while shopping and actually getting to try things on
*Waking up in the morning and staying in bed for as long as I wanted
*Enjoying sitting at a coffee shop for an extended period of time

Ultimately, I'm so thankful to have had a friend, like Jen, to spend this time with. I feel so lucky that we have remained close for the past 15 years. Despite going through different phases of our lives at different times, our friendship has never wavered and I feel so lucky to have her in my life.

p.s. Thanks also to my great husband for taking Cam-duty for the weekend. They had a good time with one another and it was so nice to not have to worry one bit about my little boy.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

I'm so glad you got the chance to get away for a "girlfriends weekend". I so enjoy the ones I get however seldom with by best friend Julie after 30 years. I wish you and Jen the same for years to come. It's priceless.

Chris had a great time with Cam too and he wants to do it again.....or at least that's what he told me.

I can tell which toes are yours too.

Team Harry said...

That is such a huge blessing!! I'm so glad that you were able to do that!! I am jealous of Jen cause I'd love to do that with you too!!

Anonymous said...

A well-deserved time away--ah, the simple pleasures of sitting with a newspaper and eating unrushed. I wish everyone had a close friendship like you & Jen...one that dates all the way back to junior high silliness. And it DOES sound like the men had a great time, too!