Friday, December 7, 2007

cleaning

When it comes to housecleaning, there are certain things I let go, and certain things I don't. Generally, I'm pretty picky about clutter. We do have one counter in the kitchen that contains a few piles (and one "junk" drawer that contains who knows what!), but other than that, I don't like piles of junk mail, magazines, etc. around the house. I like for my kitchen counters to be clutter free as well as the coffee table. Some things I let go. For instance, I'll admit, we never make our bed unless company is coming over. Once Cam is older and we need to set an example, I'll start. But for now, what is the point if it doesn't bug us??? My closet is another area that I'm not too good about. More often than not, it is quite the disaster.

There are two areas that I'm very picky about. I HATE it when my stove top is dirty, mainly because it is black and shows everything (which has proven to be quite a pain). I also hate for that area around the washing machine lid to be dirty (where you put in the bleach). These two areas are somewhat odd, I realize, but they drive me nuts when I catch them dirty!! What odd areas are you particular about?



4 comments:

Team Harry said...

I can't stand when the rim underneath the toilet seat is dirty... if u don't already...U will encounter this when Cam is older!! Clorox wipes are my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, sadly I don't think there are any areas that bug me when they're dirty. =( Well, I take that back. They all bug me, just not enough to do anything about it.

I love knowing that you don't make your bed.

I also love knowing your must-have-clean spots because it gives me some fun ideas for when we are back in CA visiting you guys. hee hee

Donna Stark said...

You sure surpass your mother in keeping a neat, clean house. What ever happened to that teenager whose room was a disaster?????
I have a hard time keeping my counter tops clutter-free, but I never leave my bed unmade. Go figure.

Grandma said...

I hate to make the bed, but Wayne doesn't mind doing it (or so he says). I also do not like my countertop cluttered. I don't like "stacks" but some are unavoidable, like the unread magazines that I plan on getting to on vacation???? Now I know I'd at least better get in and clean my washing machine before you get here. On the other hand, yours looks so nice, maybe that can be your chore when you come to my house (:!!!

So glad you could make it out to the party. If my few pics come out nicely, I'll send them to you.

The view of the mts. was beautiful coming home from OC today. It is a fresh reminder of God's majesty, isn't it?

Yes, Chris has a generous heart. He's as strong as an ox and that helps too.