Sunday, December 9, 2007

where are the real men?

Dr. Laura often asks this question. Usually, she is referring to the men who don't defend their wives from others mistreating them, who are content to sit around the house and not find work to help support their families, who don't discipline and leave it completely to their wives (and the list goes on)... Yesterday I was reminded of the fact that I'm so thankful I married a "real man". After looking out our back window and seeing a man trying to get his stuck car out of the mud, Chris got dressed and headed out into the drizzly weather to try and help. An hour later (and with the help of our neighbor's truck), they finally got it. How easy could it have been to pretend he didn't see the man struggling?



On a couple unrelated notes, many make fun of us (in good fun) for living out in the "909". For all those witty remarks, I offer this picture taken from our bedroom window. Beautiful, huh?



And lastly, yesterday was Lauren's (our niece) 1st birthday. Luckily the weather permitted the party to be held at a park and it was a lot of fun! In true Kelly fashion, I forgot my camera. Hopefully I'll get a hold of some pictures sometime and post them. Happy birthday Lauren!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh...don't forget you forgot the "tippy cup" and the bib!!! I didn't hear about the camera!

Yes, indeed you have a real man. God made your husband with a great big loving and caring heart!!

Team Harry said...

Good going Chris... I'm thankful for my Real Man too!!

That is a beautiful picture!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me teary-eyed. I think it is SO COOL that he went out there in the nastiness to help. We're called to be Jesus's hands and feet, and that's a
GREAT picture of it. Really neat. What a great guy.

Wow, that is SUCH a beautiful picture!!!!! What gorgeous mountains you get to look out at.

I can't wait to come hang out in your cozy home.

Donna Stark said...

What a good, good man you have! Wish Cam were old enough to read this. :o)
And, yes, the last 2 days with the snow on the mountains has been breathtaking.

Generic Proscar Online said...

Nice Post. It is very Informative Post. I like Your Post. Thanks for Sharing this Informative Post with Us.