Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Clause

One of my favorite parts about the Christmas season is the flood of Christmas movies that appear on TV. They are incredibly cheesy and sooo unrealistic, but I love every minute of them. Chris loves to make fun of them as well as me for watching them. His favorite thing to do is watch the first 5 minutes, then tell me exactly how the plot will play out (as they are quite predictable). Usually you can bank on a single, overworked woman who suddenly realizes she is tired of putting work before her life. She then stumbles onto Mr. Right, who is typically a lawyer who is also wanting to settle down. Throw in the best girlfriend who, despite being somewhat of a man eater, gives her good advice to, "go with your heart.", and you have the classic made for TV Christmas movie!

Here are a few favorites:
His and Hers Christmas
Christmas in Handcuffs
A Boyfriend for Christmas

p.s. Here is an adorable picture of a very curious little boy...

5 comments:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Kelly, your tree looks awesome! The lights must have been quite challenging to put up, but great job nonetheless!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I just had to say it is one of my favorite things to do too! Robert makes fun of me but the cheesier the better!

Grandma said...

The tree is gorgeous. Cameron looks like he is being extra careful.

I also love the cheesy Christmas movies although I don't get much time to watch them. I hope you have them on TiVo so I can watch them next week.

Donna Stark said...

One correction: Mr. Right is either an attorney OR an advertising executive...or SHE is an advertising executive. :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't remember ever having watched one of those types of movies! It sounds like I have really missed out.