Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Is this stealing?

First off, today we were supposed to have the Regional Center come out to evaluate Cam. They postponed it until next Monday. I sure hope they stick to it this time. It is hard to be so anxious for something like this and then have it not happen. Thanks so much for those of you who called/emailed/prayed for us today...it meant a lot.

Every morning when I take my walks, I have a thing I do. You see, we have a certain house that is not kept up at all. They have two junky cars which never move, they don't keep their yard up, and there is always various pieces of junk around the yard. Another thing they do that drives me nuts is they have probably 3 newspapers delivered per day and they NEVER pick them up. They would pile on top of one another day after day. I finally got sick of it and made the newspapers part of my morning walking routine. Every morning, I pick up all the papers and throw them away.

Is this stealing? I don't think so. In fact, on Sundays, I actually throw their paper away, then walk up to the store and get us a paper. I could easily just toss their Sunday edition into my stroller, but that is stealing to me. I'd rather throw it away and buy my own. Judge if you want, but I think you would do the same if they lived by you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYWORD!! I can't believe you throw their papers away!!! That is hilarious. You gutsy little thing.

It is too bad that nothing can be done about trashy homes like this. They devalue the other homes, and make their part of the street look bad - so sad when everyone has paid good money for their home and tries to keep them looking nice. I think it's wrong. I think it's selfish.

-susan

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't keep their Sunday paper! I don't think it's stealing, I think it would be payment for you keeping their yard clean! If they're too lazy to pick it up, you get it for free...and without a guilty conscience!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was thinking: What if they realize they aren't getting their papers... and then they call the Newspaper Place to complain.... and Newspaper Place says, "but we DO give you your papers!".... and so Newspaper Place sends an investigator to check out the scene.... and he catches you in the act???

I'm only half kidding here...

Anonymous said...

You should at least take the coupons from the sunday paper... then it's only half stealing, right?

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Hi Kelly, This is Susan's friend, Heidi. I just wanted to let you know that we have been through the Regional Center System, and I would be happy to give you any thoughts/advice you might need during this time. We were involved with the system for less than 6 months, but I do have a few friends that were involved longer than that. So, feel free to email me... no worries if you don't. I am continuing to pray for you, Chris and especially Cameron during this time. I can totally relate to being emotionally ready for an evaluation- just to have to do it all over again another day! ugh!

Anonymous said...

Where do you throw them? Is there always a can right there? Do you pick up any other trash at their house? Bet they're not even paying for them.
--Mom

Grandma said...

I think taking the papers is providing a community service. Since they don't pick them up, they aren't reading them so why should it contribute to neighborhood blight. I would read them and then toss them (in the recycle bin of course). I might leave them a nice little note in their mailbox......"Since you have chosen not to pick up your papers, I have chosen to remove them from your driveway. Your responsible neighbor."

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

You should SERIOUSLY complain to your HOA (if you have one)!!!

Team Harry said...

Maybe God is trying to bless you with free newspapers??