Saturday, February 23, 2008

a starbucks and ice cream review

Last night Chris splurged and bought a Ben and Jerry's for each of us. Chris got Strawberry Cheesecake and I got Half Baked (one I have always been curious about), which has chunks of brownie and cookie dough. Here are the reviews:

Strawberry Cheesecake: Chris gave this an "8" because there weren't enough graham crackers. I would never have bought it seeing as my philosophy has long been that fruit does not belong with dessert.

Half Baked: I would give this a "7". The ice cream was not rich or creamy enough to warrant the horrific fat gram count. The chunks were good, but there weren't nearly enough.



My favorite hot drink at Starbucks is the White Mocha. Back when I couldn't have dairy, I tried the drink with soy milk. I have yet to go back. Soy gives the drink a sweeter and more creamier taste. Is it worth the extra 40 cents? You bet. Try it next time you order your drink of choice.

3 comments:

Team Harry said...

besides the creamer sweeter taste of soy are there any benefits like less fat or calories?? I don't know if I can do it...

Donna Stark said...

IMHO (in my humble opinion), if you just throw in a bunch of toasted almonds, you can buy almost any ice cream and it becomes a masterpiece.

Anonymous said...

It is just so sad to me that someone would choose Strawberry Cheesecake flavor.