Sunday, May 4, 2008

pampered

Yes, pampered is the only word I could use to describe my time the past few days. On Thursday, my friend Liesl and I flew to Texas to visit our friend Jessica. We had such an awesome time together. We all got massages, pedicures, went out to fun restaurants, and went shopping. In between we hung out at Jessica's house and just relaxed. The whole weekend was filled with GREAT conversation (which we know is a Kelly "must" for any great time) and tons of down time. It was a wonderful mini vacation for all of us. So what was my rating? A "9". I would have given it a 10, however my insomnia has decided to make a return and it has come with a vengeance. Although it has made for several days of non-stop headaches, I was still able to push through and enjoy my time with two great friends. :)





On Saturday morning I was able to visit my relatives from Texas. I have not seen most of them in almost 10 years! It was fun to see them even though it was for a short time.



While I was gone, Chris had Cam-duty. He decided to drive up to his parents for a visit. Cam did pretty good overall and he LOVED being able to wander all around their huge property. Here he is with his two favorite playmates:



Drawing on his grandparent's driveway:

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, I'm SO glad you got to go to Texas & that it was such a great time! Sounds like Jessica really treated you like queens!

And, of course, I'm so happy you got together with my sweet family...the next best thing to my getting to be with them.

Cam is quite the little stud in those swim trunks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back - and not at all because I got tired of looking at the crackers post. Not AT ALL.

I totally forgot you were going to see the relatives!!!!!!!!! How FUN!!! I'm so glad that worked out!

And I'm so glad you had great friend time with your two sweet friends. I know they mean so much to you, so what a treat to get to be with them AND do so many relaxing things.

I'm SOOO sorry about that wretched insomnia. =(

Anonymous said...

How fun to reconnect with old friends!! YAY! and how nice to have a pampering weekend!! so sorry that it was hampered with the insomnia bug. :(

Team Harry said...

Kel.... You were a trooper w/o good sleep!!! I would've been worthless all weekend... Thanks for flying out here!! I miss you already and can't wait for u to come again!! Love ya!!