Sunday, April 19, 2009

the big 3-0

Friday was my official birthday. In the morning, my sweet parents surprised me as I walked out of my moms group with balloons and a card. I was so touched. :) I think the biggest fan of the balloons, though, had to be Cam. He held those things with a death grip the entire way home and didn't let go until he fell asleep an hour after we put him down for his nap. Here he is struggling to watch Oswald amidst the balloons:



Later that night we went to Red Robin to cash in on my free b-day burger. The balloon theme continued. They always have balloons in the lobby for the kids (which I love) and they keep Cam quite content at our table...unless one happens to sneak away and float to the ceiling. But Chris would never have actually climbed up onto the table in a packed restaurant to retrieve the balloon! Ha! For the rest of the dinner he was quite happy...



On Saturday we loaded Cam up to do some yard sale hunting. He was quite the trooper, especially considering he was eating his favorite maple donut. We were 5 minutes too late to purchase an adorable outside playhouse, so it wasn't that successful, but it was still fun to drive around and look at everything.



Last night was my official celebration. Chris had asked me a long time ago if I wanted a big party. I told him I didn't considering I would be whale like in size, uncomfortable, and am not the huge party type anyway. So he suggested having a small dinner with my good friends from college. It was the perfect night! We ate at a cute little outdoor restaurant at the Mission Inn and I couldn't have asked for a better evening or a better way to celebrate.



Cam and and I have been coming down with something the past few days, and now we all officially have it. I'm thankful it didn't interfere with my birthday, but I sure hope it passes quickly!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I agree...it was SUCH a fun night and fun to celebrate with you! The picture turned out great...I'm glad we got one! Thanks again for such a fun night!

susan said...

The balloons thing is hilarious! So he went to bed for his nap with them???

SUCH a bummer you missed out on the playhouse!!! =(

You couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the evening? What about with your favorite sister and BIL?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oh ps: Yes, you look oh so whale-like. Ahem.

susan said...

ps: Do you realize that in your 30 post, 3 of the 4 pics were of your kid???! =)

Team Harry said...

Happy Birthday Old Lady!! Looks like a fun bday!! Maybe next year you can ask for a trip to Texas ; )

Donna Stark said...

Too cute of Cam trying to peek around the balloons to see the TV...shoot! at missing the playhouse...a priceless picture of the 8 of you.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I missed your birthday, so let me wish you belated blessings! Hope you have a wonderful time being 30...I know I did!