Saturday, April 4, 2009

the past few days

Thursday morning my mom watched Cam while Chris and I had a date...a date, that is, at Beaver Medical. A couple of months ago I discovered a lump in the back of my neck. I had it removed on Thursday. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't a tad concerned (who wouldn't be when they find a suspicious lump?), but fortunately the surgeon said it looked like just a random tiny mass with no purpose. I liked to hear that!!

Friday morning I had my moms group and the girls at my table threw me a baby shower. I got some adorable things and I felt very special. :)



Chris met me at the church and from there, he and Cam took off for the weekend to his parents. This has been my last hurrah/relaxing weekend before baby. While I have missed them both, I have had a fun time so far.

After they left, I drove out to OC to visit a few friends. My first stop was to my friend, Karen. We actually became friends shortly after Cam was born. I was having a horrible time breast feeding. My sister had Karen email me with some advice, and the three of us soon started a three way email relationship that literally consists of 1-2 emails between us almost every day. It was fun to actually hang out with her in person this time!



After Karen, I drove out to my friend Jessica's. We used to go to the same church and I have not seen her in almost 3 years. I was able to meet her new daughter, Ava, and catch up with her as we had started emailing one another again a few months back.



My last stop was to Jen's (dumb me forgot to take a pic). I had a yummy meal with her and her family. After dinner, her husband stayed with Ella and let us sneak out for a bit to get some Golden Spoon. It was a fun, full day.

This morning I went to pick up Ruth and we headed out to get massages
($39 for 60 minutes...can't beat that!!) and go out to lunch.



This afternoon was spent washing and organizing baby clothes, watching TV, and relaxing. I'm excited for one more morning of not having to get up at the crack of dawn, but then I'll be even more excited for Chris and Cam to come home. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, what a fun weekend! Glad you could have some "you" time before your new little baby comes.

Where did you find a massage for that cheap?

Kelly said...

Jessica, it's called Massage Envy. It is a chain and they have them all over. Your first massage is $39...then if you return it goes up to a more regular price after that.

Anonymous said...

i had such a great time with you!!! thanks for visiting!!!