Tuesday, April 28, 2009

journals

My mom has two journals she wrote in when my sister and I were very young. Unfortunately she lost steam early on and there aren't very many entries. I LOVE reading what she did write, like about when I was telling my playgroup what I had in my lunch box. I proudly announced, "I have apple juice because my B.M's won't come out!". :)

I've never been very good at journaling for myself, but I'm determined to be better for my kids. No, I don't intend on writing daily, or even weekly. But I have been pretty consistent in writing a good size entry about every other month since Cam was born. Mainly I write about things worth remembering, be them big or small. I'll write about his current favorite books, something funny he did or said, etc. Basically they are things that only his parents would find cute and that he'll hopefully enjoy reading when he is older. For instance, most people could probably care less that he loves these trains and today insisted on carrying them to bed, in the car, down the stairs, etc. :)

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Good for you! Oh, how I wish I had kept up with that! ...and add one more person that will love reading them in later years--his wife. :o)

P.S. Oh, & another helpful hint--during the month, jot down a few words on a post-it to remind yourself of things when you DO sit down to write. Otherwise, you can't even remember them a week ago.