Tuesday, July 27, 2010

fan


Most of us have tivo, and therefore rarely see commercials. But if you happen to have seen a few lately, you might have caught the one for the new Dyson Air Multiplier. Basically, it's a desk fan that sends a steady stream of air, without the "wind" feeling you get. Nice concept, however I find it so interesting that in today's economy, Dyson would think coming out with a $300 desk fan wise. I think I could come up with about a hundred other things I would rather spend $300 on. :)

The part that makes me laugh is their description: "And they produce an uninterrupted stream of smooth air, with no unpleasant buffeting". Not sure eliminating the buffeting/wind (which I tend to forget about after it's been on a while) is worth $300. Who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong and this will be a best seller. :)

4 comments:

Charlee said...

I see this commercial and the item at BB&B what a waste! I love my dyson vaccum and would glady spend the $450 again because its great but a fan is a no! I agree with you!

Donna Stark said...

I'm trying to figure out how a "steady stream of air" does not feel like a fan. Hmmmm...and actually I don't feel "buffeted" by my fans either.

sfitz said...

I have actually returned fans to the store because they didn't "buffet" enough. :)

Oh America, when will we learn?

susan said...

Oh I think this is the BEST thing on the market!!!! I for one am just THROUGH being buffeted about our home by our many buffeting fans. THROUGH, I tell you!

The first thing I'm gonna do as soon as our plane touches down on U.S. soil is buy me one o' them buffet-less babies!!!!!!