Saturday, July 3, 2010

vegas

Well, we are back! We had an awesome time and were reminded yet again, why we love Las Vegas. Here are a few highlights:

*Probably my FAVORITE thing about the trip was getting to sleep in. It may have only been until 7:30, but that is late for me. I also got to wake up and not get up. We watched the news and just relaxed for a long time before we got ready. Wonderful.
*We got to have a meal with two sets of friends who just happened to be there at the same time.
*We ate some super yummy food. My favorite meal wasn't at some unique restaurant, but at...yep...Cheesecake Factory.
*I finally got my jeans from Buckle!! I was able to take my time and try on tons until I found just the right pair. :)
*We loved walking around, people watching, seeing the new City Center, and the Atrium at the Bellagio (I love that it's always different). I also had to take a picture of the chocolate fountain. It never ceases to make me drool. :) (we only took one pic from Chris's phone the whole time)




The kids did GREAT with Chris's parents. I was obviously a little worried considering Kendall's mama attachment, but she really warmed up and I think it took me being completely gone for a while. Other than Kendall having some tummy trouble toward the end, both kids were happy campers and had a great time. While it was wonderful to be away, we sure did miss them and were so excited to get home. I think Chris put it well when he said, "You know, when it's hard, you sometimes wonder what life would be like without kids. Then I realize, I would hate it!"

Thank you Wayne and Debbie for taking such great care of our kids!

5 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Sooooo happy you had such a great time! Yes, when you block out the slutty stuff of Vegas, it is full of fun sights to see--and cheap hotel rooms during off times.

And the kids were in GOOOOOD hands with Grandma and Grandpa! Bless them!

Only ONE picture?! Phooey. :o)

krista said...

So glad you guys had a great time...it sounds wonderful! Time away is good...and getting back to see those kiddos is good too :)

Jessica said...

How wonderful that you guys could get away, I'm glad you had such a great time :) I'm sure it made the trip much more enjoyable knowing your kids were doing well.

It is so fun when you actually have a chance to miss your kiddos :)

Anonymous said...

oooo I'm so glad you had such a great time! :) But WHAT?! You woke up slowly and "TURNED ON THE NEWS?" I'd slap you upside the head if you were next to me. That is NO WAY to wake up if you ask me! LOL!

Team Harry said...

YUM!!! I love the chocolate store!!

Glad you had fun! What a blessing to be able to get away without your kids!!