Monday, June 28, 2010

cuteness

Because Cam's speech has progressed much later than is typical, we are just now starting to really experience the, "Kids Say the Darndest" type things that come out of his mouth. What fun we are having with this! Here are a few:

*Today I asked him if he wanted to play Alphabet Surprise. This is where he takes the letter dice from Boggle and spells different words from ones he sees in his books. Sometimes I'll let him have one chocolate chip for each word he spells. So I asked him, "Would you like to get 10 chocolate chips (he likes to count them out) for your game?" He responded, "Um...maybe not. How about 20?" We compromised at 13. :)

*One of the ways he has started to engage us in conversation is to tell us what he wants us to ask him. For example, lately he started saying, "Mom, do you want to ask me, 'Cameron, what are you doing'?". I'll then ask him, as requested, and he'll tell me.

*This last one wasn't with his words, but I had to include it because it was so cute. When we had our family pics taken, we told him to give a thumbs up to the camera. This is what he did:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! =)

Kelly, encouraging post! What fun interactions. I like the "um, maybe not." =)

Donna Stark said...

Oh, I LOVE the "um, maybe not, how about 20?" one too!! What great interaction! Go, Cam Man!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE and so sweet. I just love his bargaining--smart kid!! :) lol!!

Team Harry said...

That is an adorable picture!! Frame it for sure!

I'm so glad his speech has gotten better!! Praise God!