Tuesday, June 1, 2010

boot camp


Yesterday we went to some friends' house for a Memorial Day BBQ. We had a great time and Kendall got dressed up for the occasion:



Speaking of Kendall, we are entering, "independent boot camp". Not sure if I have mentioned before the fact that Kendall pretty much will only go to myself or Chris. She won't even go to our mothers (for the most part) without crying. It gets a little tiring at times, like at her birthday when I could never pass her off to anyone else when I needed to do something.

Chris and I are scheduled to get away to Vegas in early July. I'm SOOO looking forward to it, but it is contingent on whether or not we can get her a little more comfortable with others. I wouldn't feel right leaving her with Chris's parents, knowing she would be fussy most of the time. If it were just her, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. However due to what her crying does to Cameron (sadly we have made no progress in that area), I don't want them to have to deal with that.

Anyway, Sunday she made it an hour in the church nursery (granted she was fussy most of the time, but it was still an hour!), today she lasted a while with our neighbor, and Friday I'm going over to my mom's for the express purpose of leaving her for a short time to see how she does. You can do it, Kendall!!

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Boot camp may be hard for soldiers, but they recognize later how INVALUABLE it was to their ability to be GOOD SOLDIERS! You can do this, Kendall! BOOLAH!

Karen said...

She is SOOOO stinkin cute!!

Jessica said...

How's boot camp going?