Tuesday, June 8, 2010

*Caught this cute picture this morning. Sharing some cereal together.



*Kendall has tested her mama a lot lately. She throws quite the mini tantrum when I take something from her. Cameron never really threw temper tantrums (not to toot my parenting horn...it's just his temperament) so I feel like a fish out of water right now. Aren't these supposed to start closer to 2?? :)

*Kendall bootcamp is moving along. Chris took her over to my parents today (while Cam and I ran errands). He set up their new computer while my mom took care of Kendall. My mom pretty much had to hold her the whole time, but at least she was happy. That's progress!

*Loving, "The Next Food Network Star"

*I've been feeling pretty sad lately. Nothing in particular has happened, I just have found myself feeling down when I think about the road that Cam has had to travel as well as the road he'll travel the rest of his life. Honestly, sometimes it's hard not to play the, "life isn't fair" card. However it doesn't take much to jolt me out of my pity party. Things like a story on the evening news about children across the world who are orphaned and starving make me realize how wonderful of a life we are providing for Cameron. He has excellent teachers at school, food on the table, and parents who adore him and will help him as much as he needs.

*Dinner tonight: Chicken tacos

*Kendall's two favorite foods (and let's be honest, what she pretty much ONLY will eat): Chocolate rice cakes and Graham Crackers. Not a huge fan of this.

*Cam has a week off from school next week before summer school begins. Hopefully we can go to the beach one day. I'm so excited to see what Kendall thinks and Cam adores the ocean.

*I'm excited for my Tmoms get together tomorrow night. We are having dinner at one of the girls' homes. :)

5 comments:

Jessica deBruyn said...

I had the same thought as you about the terrible TWO's... but, Ava's tantrums started more around 15-16 months, improved around 20 months, and have started again in full force at 22 months... who knows what's to come when she actually hits 2 - I'm scared! Stay strong, it sounds like you're doing great!

Jessica said...

I'm pretty familiar with tantrums, so you can ask me anything :) Ethan was his hardest from 13-18 months... he would scream and cry and throw tantrums for like 30 minutes at a time... it was crazy.

Life ISN'T fair. It's ok to feel sad sometimes. You wouldn't be human if you didn't. Isn't it great that this life is not all there is for us?

Looking forward to seeing you tonight :)

krista said...

Madyson started her tantrums early. The good news is that she doesn't throw them super often anymore (I just know I am going to regret saying that...)
Life isn't fair...glad you are able to keep some perspective in the midst of it, but it's okay to feel sad about it too. I do know that Cam is so lucky to have a Mom that takes such amazing care of him, does everything in her power (and more) to help him, and totally devotes herself to him. Seriously Kelly, you are an amazing Mom to him. I know he's made such great progress and you are a main reason behind that.

Donna Stark said...

Actually, Kendall progressed to crawling away from me and smiling big! She's going to do fine real soon.

I'm praying for you as you navigate the hard times of Kendall's tantrums unnerving Cameron. I experienced at Citrus Plaza just how hard that is.

Karen said...

Gosh I am so sorry I didn't read this post sooner! I'm so sorry you've been tested. About feeling sad lately, thank you for sharing that. Don't you read blogs and everyone always seems happy and 'together' and I appreciate so much when people say, "i'm not feeling that happy right now." And that is ok. I am glad you had a great performance with Cam! How VERY encouraging. You are a good Mommy Kelly!! Do not let fear take hold of your heart.