Thursday, June 17, 2010

take that!!

Today the kids and I went over to my mom's for a while. I wanted to try out their little car on Kendall so we took a walk to a nearby park. I thought I would share an interesting story about this park. A while back some of the neighbors were getting frustrated/angry because they noticed it was becoming a big teen hang out late at night (the park technically closes at 10pm). It wasn't just a hang out, but it was a place to sell drugs and drink.

They first tried to get the local police to drive by more often, but the police obviously had more pressing issues to attend to and couldn't make it by very often. So the neighbors next tried installing a camera. But you know what ended up working the best? Asking the city to turn the sprinklers on at random times in the middle of the night! Worked like a charm. I thought that was so funny! I could just see them scrambling in all directions. :)



3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

I think it's hilarious, too! Wish I could have been a "fly on the tree" when the sprinklers went off.

Jessica said...

LOL, that's too funny!

susan said...

Oh that sprinklers thing made me laugh out loud. That is too funny!