Friday, June 4, 2010

fiber one


I bought some Fiber One cereal the other day because a) I thought it would be a healthy snack for Kendall and b) she has been rather constipated. I noticed a cookie recipe on the back. I attempted a batch for Cam and he is a huge fan! I substituted whole wheat flour and used applesauce for half the butter. I did add a few M&M's instead of raisins to make them fun, but overall I'm impressed with how healthy a cookie they are! Here is the original recipe, without my changes:

1cup packed brown sugar
1cup butter or margarine, softened
2teaspoons vanilla
2eggs
1 3/4cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4teaspoon salt
1cup old-fashioned oats
1cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
1/2cup raisins

1.Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. On low speed, beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended. Beat in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
2.With spoon, stir in oats, cereal and raisins. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
3.Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set and golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Looks a lot healthier than regular cookies. Great that Cam loves them.

Anonymous said...

Is Fiber One like All-Bran???? If so, I'll try these! But I'll try them with your changes. Yeah for applesauce!