Thursday, July 29, 2010

*Kendall started walking a couple weeks back. She still much prefers crawling, but it's fun to see her get in her "moods", where she'll walk all over.

*Yesterday we had a super yummy sample at Costco. It was apple and prosciutto ravioli. Wasn't in the food budget, which when I think about it, was probably a good thing considering how unhealthy they were. :)

*Cam's been off from school all week. I've enjoyed adding him to Kendall and my walks in the morning. He loves for me to pretend to let go of the stroller, while he runs to catch it. We typically need an item or two from the store, which he also loves because he likes getting the coins from the coin machine when we check out.

*Last night will probably go down among the top 5 worst parenting nights of my life. Cam has a staph infection (small redness and swelling in his nose). I took him to Urgent Care to get it lanced (we went back and forth and decided having mommy with him was best). They had to wrap him tightly (like a mummy) so he wouldn't move. He was shrieking in pain while I was at his feet crying. Luckily, it went quickly and my little champ did so well. I think his movie day out with dad today (How to Tame a Dragon) was well deserved.

*Chris leaves for Vegas in the morning. He takes a trip with his two best friends each year and it proves each time to be one of the highlights of his year.

*For the most part, Kendall has started taking one nap a day. The problem is that she is MORE than ready by 10:00 (or earlier). While she'll sleep sometimes until 12:00, that's a long time until bedtime. Hmmm...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Regarding the staph infection, when Daniel had one on his finger, I knew I couldn't stomach taking him to have it lanced. Thankfully, James was home and took him for me. I know that as a mom, I will have many ER/dr. visits that I don't like, but I just wasn't sure I could handle it yet. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! It must have been awful. :(

I hope that your play date was fun this morning. :) I really would have loved to see Jen and her girls.

susan said...

Oh POOR BOY!!! That is so miserable!!!! I'm so sorry! So the medication didn't do the trick? Should it go away now? Oh my you poor things. =(

Yes, he definitely deserved a movie date! =)

Donna Stark said...

Gee, how did I miss this post? I know--my internet was down. Well, we've already commiserated over the awful lancing episode. Oh, it hurts to even think about it again.

The video is sooooooo cute! You go, Kendall!